Few Years’ Resolution Video Series
Few Years’ Resolution is a series of over 150 videos about creating real, lasting social change.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING FIREFOX AND DO NOT SEE A VIDEO HERE – CLICK THE SHIELD IN THE ADDRESS BAR AND CLICK “TURN OFF BLOCKING”
How Do We Create Real, Lasting Social Change?
This series is about how it works, what needs to happen…and most importantly, how to get the job done. It’s based on my own experience as a professional sociologist and educator. It focuses less on the short-term political battles of the day–and more on the long-term efforts necessary to solve our biggest political, economic, and social problems.
ABOUT THE SERIES
- Each video is less than five minutes in length, and accessible to a general audience. No scholarly jargon!
- The videos are for people of all beliefs and backgrounds concerned about recent events, eager to make the world a better place.
- You can view them sequentially by following the nine units, or “steps.” Or you can browse the full library and watch whichever videos you want, in any order you want.
- Every video is accompanied by a transcript, if you’d rather read than watch.
- Step 1: We Need to Get in the Right Frame of Mind
- Step 2: We Need to Take Stock
- Step 3: We Need to Set the Right Goals
- Step 4: We Need to Take Care of Ourselves
- Step 5: We Need to Be More Strategic About Working for Change
- Step 6: We Need to Build Strong Communities
- Step 7: We Need to Deal with Our Ideological Differences
- Step 8: We Need to Act Collectively
- Step 9: We Need to Reform Our Institutions